This delicious Pesto Shrimp Fettuccine in Mushroom Garlic Sauce is all about the flavor combination of zesty pesto, garlic, pasta and mushrooms. The best part of the dish is the perfectly cooked shrimp that is sweet and tender and decadent pasta to go with it!
Perfectly cooked mushrooms is the essential parts to this Pesto Shrimp Fettuccine dish. Heat is what gives you browning for the mushrooms as well as using plenty of oil to help quickly evaporate any water that mushrooms will sweat out.
All you have to do to cook them right is use the hot pan, don’t overcrowd it, add a bit of salt to the mushrooms and resist the urge to move them too soon. You want to get a little browning on the mushrooms by cooking them undisturbed for about 2 minutes.
This delicious Pesto Shrimp Pasta is all about the flavor combination of zesty pesto, garlic and mushrooms. The best part is the perfectly cooked shrimp that is sweet and tender.
- Main Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil more if needed
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 10 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup sodium free chicken broth (adjust salt if not sodium free)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Seasoning Mixture:
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning (thyme, oregano, basil – combined)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- chopped fresh basil
- 10 oz fettuccine pasta (use gluten free for gluten free version)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Put shrimp in a mixing bowl and rub in seasoning mixture. Mix well to make sure shrimp is coated well. Add to the hot pan and cook for about 3 minutes, turning once midway, until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Remove shrimp from the skillet.
- Add second tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Once the pan is hot, add sliced mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and cook, stirring, until mushrooms release liquid and reduce in volume and get soft, for about a minute or two. Add minced garlic for the last few minutes, when mushrooms are almost ready.
- Add back the cooked shrimp. Add 1/2 cup basil pesto and 1/2 cup chicken broth. On medium heat, mix everything to combine. Remove from heat.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of water to boil, add pasta and cook it according to instructions. Drain the pasta, but do not rinse.
- Add pasta to the skillet with mushrooms and shrimp, and stir until pasta is fully coated in sauce. Reheat well on low heat (you can also cover the pan with the lid to retain the heat). Season with more salt if necessary.
- Serve with additional red pepper flakes, if desired.
Recipe source: Juliasalbum
More Deliciouse Recipe Pesto Shrimp Fettuccine in Mushroom Garlic Sauce @ whatsinthepan.com